As always, I’m a little late to the party (I.E. The Corn Grilling Party) and boy am I sorry I decided to be fashionably late! You guys…this is the simplest way to cook fresh corn and it’s so, so good! Growing up in the Midwest, I’ve boiled a lot of corn and I’ve been to my fair share of Corn Roasts, but I’ve never put the cobs directly on the grill. I was surprised at how fast the corn cooked and how sweet it tasted. It was, by far, the easiest corn I’ve ever made and I hope you try it soon!
This will probably be my vaguest recipe ever, in fact this is probably more of a technique than anything else. Here’s what I did. I started by preheating my grill on a medium heat level. While the grill warmed up, I brushed the corn cobs with olive oil and sprinkled a little bit of salt and pepper on them. I than put the corn on the grill and turned it every few minutes. Total cooking time was between 10-15 minutes. After the corn was done I took it off the grill, rubbed some butter on each cob (sorry, my Midwest genes refuse to let me skip the butter) and than added a bit more salt and pepper. Done. Perfect. Easiest.Corn.Ever.
Try this “recipe” or technique this weekend, it will go great with you BBQ and is sure to be a hit!
- Corn Cobs (husks removed and cleaned)
- Olive Oil or Grape Seed Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Grill to a medium heat level
- Rub or Brush Olive or Grape Seed Oil onto each Cob
- Sprinkle with a little Salt and Pepper
- Place on Hot Grill
- Turning every few minutes
- Corn is done in about 10 - 15 minutes
- Remove from Grill
- Rub butter on the warm corn
- Sprinkle more Salt and Pepper if desired
- Serve Immediately